Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sunnyside Beach Juried Art Show and Sale


The Juried Art Show and Sale at Sunnyside Beach from September 9-11 marked the finale in my stretch of summer exhibitions. My experience at Sunnyside Pavilion taught me that there is credence to the common phrase, ‘save the best for last’. It was a weekend filled with unique opportunities to convene with emerging and established fine artists from various cultural backgrounds and creative practises inside one of Toronto’s historic architectural gems. Favourable weather and an enthusiastic, intelligent crowd were also highlighting elements of the well-operated, successful show. I was fortunate enough to meet several talented personalities whose unwavering dedication and passion for their art set a standard for my own. Feel free to browse the portfolio links of OCAD marvels Kate Hogg and Melissa Charles; James Bentley, Jen LipskiIrina Koulikova, Marta OgonekCorey WaurechenMaliha Rahman and Olga Hutsul to name a few. I would also like to offer my congratulations to the sponsored award recipients, Caitlin Doherty and Jillian MacLachlan; and the People’s Choice Winner E.J. Davy.

My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the Sunnyside Beach Juried Art Show and Sale organizers and assistants Jazz Morrow and Michael Romaniuk for their tireless efforts and optimism.



The spectacular Sunnyside Pavilion on Toronto's West-End waterfront.



I was located in prime real estate of the Greco-Roman marquee, with two open tent faces which allowed for copious sunshine.



The lower level of the Pavilion, complete with a cafe and outdoor tin type photo studio.




No better pairing than Homer's The Iliad and a cup of Tyski on the beach.











1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to go to the beach again. Great ideas!!
    beach art

    ReplyDelete